Panda Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

guild forum of Panda Mayhem

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application for Tempestas(DECLINED)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tempestas

Application for Tempestas(DECLINED) Empty
PostSubject: Application for Tempestas(DECLINED)   Application for Tempestas(DECLINED) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:40 pm

What’s Your Main spec:Assassination
What’s Your Dual spec:Sublty, but that was while I was dabbling with the new talent specs so I dont really use it.

Q: What Professions do you use and why did you take those:
A:Leatherworking and Skinning. They're just the most useful for Rogues I think.

/Played:64 Days, 17 Hours
/Played at level 80( doesn't have to be excact):5 Days-ish
/Played at level 85:3 Days
Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/tempestas/simple
DKP Site link: I'll be honest, I'm not sure what you're asking for there.

Personal Information

Name:Daniel
Nationality:British
Time Zone:GMT

Q: Tell us about yourself. (Student/work etc.)
A:Currently signed off from work due to a long term illness. I'm into music (mostly industrial EBM and various types of Metal) also have a soft spot for 80's music, being a child of the 80's and all that.

I'm very much into my Beer, I attend beer festivals pretty frequently.

Q: Playschedule availability:
A:Like it says above I can't work at the moment, so I'm free pretty often. My girlfriend is happy for me to play while I'm with her, if I give her enough notice, so unless I'm venturing out of my cave I'm available most evenings.

Q: How do you see yourself as a raider, and where do you think you can improve best? (What are your pluses and minuses)
A:I have a good brain for tactics, and tend to study tactic vids before entering a raid. So I generally know what I'm doing. I suppose a fault of mine is I can be a bit clumsy sometimes Razz

Q: Tell us about how you see your class. (What are the strong and weak points, what would you change if you could?)
A:I like that Rogue is a pure DPS class. So no faffing about having to change specs and get fifty different armour sets for whatever I want I want to do. If I could change anything for the better though, I would be inclined to say provide easier and more effective means of avoiding aggro. I loathe out aggroing a tank and getting spanked for it.

Q: Do you often check sites like Elitist Jerks to keep up-to-date with the theorycrafing of your class?
A:I make a point of keeping up to date with ideas of how best to play my class, what best gems/enchs to use, and rotations etc. I'm always open to contrstructive criticism from other players.

Q: How do you prepare for a raid or a new boss encounter?
A: Read wowwiki and watch tankspot mostly. Though none of those compare to actually doing the fight.

Q: Do you wish to explain anything about your current gear, talentspec, enchants or gems?
A:Only that I'm not wasting money on enchanting items lower than 346.

Q: Do you have any alts worthy of a mention?
A: Afraid not. I have one or two alts that I level for fun. but nothing I take very seriously.

Q: What kind of PC do you have?
A:Pentium 4 CPU @ 3Ghz, 3GB RAM, 512meg Gfx Card with 512 Cache.

And a mouuse that's in dire need of replacing. And then setting on fire.

Q: How would you rate your internet-connection in terms of stability?
A: It's fully stable. I avoid wireless. My ISP gives a solid connection, but is occasionally prone (say about once every 3 months) of going down "for maintenence" with no warning.

Q: During our raids we use Ventrilo, how do you feel about this and do you mind to speak on ventrilo? (We might invite you for a ventrilo interview regarding your application)
A:Unfortunately for some obscure reason I have never been able to get Vent to work on my PC, I realise this is a big black mark for me but there's not very much OI can do about it (believe me, I've tried). But if a proper chat is needed for my application you're welcome to ask for my MSN or something.

Q: How often would you check our forums and/or post on the forums?
A: I will likely read the forums frequently, but I cxan't promiose I'll post much unless I have somehting particularly relevant. I don't like making noise on forums for the sheer sake of it.

Q: Describe your guildhistory. (Guild names, reason for leaving, references).
A: In Good Omens during the Naxx period of LK. I left because I quit WoW for a while for various reasons.

My last guild was Excistence. I had a pretty bad christmas period for wow, and I couldn't commit to raiding at the time. Things have calmed down now though.

Q: Do you have any achievements that you are particularly proud of?
A: Kingslayer, easily. I'm a lorefiend, I was playing the Warcraft games since I was a kid so I love taking part in the story of Wow, so killing Arthus was a big deal for me.

Q: Please rank the following activities/conditions in order of importance to you. Most important on first position, least important on last.

• Balancing raiding with real life commitments. (RL is more improtant to me than WoW, but I love wow and always try to make time for it.)

• Making sacrifices for the guild, when needed. (A guild needs the support of its members)

• Willing to go all the way to become a better player. (Becoming a better player is my reason for playing at all)

• Playing your alt(s). (They're fun, but not important)

• Getting server first kills. (Whats the rush? Just enjoy the game)

• Guild-organised pvp activities. (I'm not really into PvP)

Q: Where did you read our recruitments posts?
A:I didn't. I got to randomly chat with a member of your guild (Rizex) and he suggested I apply.

Q: If there is something you’d like to add, then this is the place.
A: I don't respond well to childishness. Namecalling will lead to an /ignore. Besides that I'm very hard to offend.

Q: Hows is your overall WoW experience?
Vanilla – A:I joined wow diring the TBC era.
TBC – A: I got to 70 just as Lich came out, so I never got to kill Illidan Stormrage Sad
WOTLK – A: It was pretty good from my perspective to be honest. A bit too easy but they really worked on implementing a decent story arc to the new Zones.
Back to top Go down
rizex
Admin
rizex

PostSubject: Re: Application for Tempestas(DECLINED)   Application for Tempestas(DECLINED) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:57 pm

As far as I could see, you put some effort in this application. Thanks for that!

Altough a big min for me is that you aren't able to use ventrilo during our raids. I think all our members need ventrilo working on his computer & need to have a microphone(where he can talk with ofcourse).

Let's see what others have to say,

Rizex - The Officer Team.
Back to top Go down
https://panda-mayhem.board-directory.net
Tempestas

PostSubject: Re: Application for Tempestas(DECLINED)   Application for Tempestas(DECLINED) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Yeah I kinda saw that coming. It's never been an actual problem in raids past, but I know it's somewhat offputting. I wont be offended if you decide against me because of it. It's something that has plagued my raiding career lol. Can't seem to fix it though, and I know my way around computers too : /

Oh well, let me kow Smile
Back to top Go down
casterbation
Admin
casterbation

PostSubject: Re: Application for Tempestas(DECLINED)   Application for Tempestas(DECLINED) EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:04 am

Heya,

Thank you for your application however I am going to have to say no.
First of all ventrillo you know that was going to be a problem.
But the main reason for me is that I don't see you as a experienced player , with only a few kills in ICC and no TBC clears, and barely any heroics done.

Casterbation
Back to top Go down
Tempestas

PostSubject: Re: Application for Tempestas(DECLINED)   Application for Tempestas(DECLINED) EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:15 am

Meh fair enough. No point arguing.

Take care, have fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application for Tempestas(DECLINED)   Application for Tempestas(DECLINED) Empty

Back to top Go down

Application for Tempestas(DECLINED)
Page 1 of 1