Panda Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

guild forum of Panda Mayhem

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Icecown - Death Knight Tank(DECLINED)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Timxehanort

Icecown - Death Knight Tank(DECLINED) Empty
PostSubject: Icecown - Death Knight Tank(DECLINED)   Icecown - Death Knight Tank(DECLINED) EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:35 am

What’s Your Main spec: Blood
What’s Your Dual spec: Frost

Q: What Professions do you use and why did you take those:
A: Herbalism and Inscription. I know, herbalism isn't that great for PvE, so I'm considering switching it to another profession.
I'll have to make sure I can get herbs on another character though.

/Played: 36 days 19 hours (about 4000 hours of wow total, according to Xfire)
/Played at level 80( doesn't have to be excact): Probably about 25 days.
/Played at level 85: 9 days 8 hours.
Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/icecown/advanced (could be in half pvp half pve dps gear, I'll try to log out with tank gear.)
DKP Site link: -

Personal Information

Name: Tim Jansen
Nationality: Dutch
Time Zone: GMT+1

Q: Tell us about yourself. (Student/work etc.)
A: I'm a student, studying what would translate into something like 'Business IT'. On saturdays I work in a big greenhouse. Other than that, nothing really interesting.

Q: Playschedule availability:
A: As long as I'm not in a very busy week, I am online a lot. Pretty much any day for 2+ hours. In weekends I'm online pretty much all day.

Q: How do you see yourself as a raider, and where do you think you can improve best? (What are your pluses and minuses)
A: I see myself as a quick learner. When reading tactics or watching a video about the fight, I'm usually concerned that I will screw up. Though I often end up doing it pretty well.

Q: Tell us about how you see your class. (What are the strong and weak points, what would you change if you could?)
A: Death Knights are a very versatile class, that's why I love playing as one. As a death knight you can have a great survivability and still put out quite a lot of damage.
It also has pretty much anything you can ask from a dps/tank class. Plenty of things to control whatever you're attacking.

Q: Do you often check sites like Elitist Jerks to keep up-to-date with the theorycrafing of your class?
A: Elitistjerks about every two weeks, or whenever a patch/hotfix is released. MMO-Champion pretty much every day.

Q: How do you prepare for a raid or a new boss encounter?
A: Usually watching a Tankspot video of the tactics. Making sure I have at least 4/5 flasks and a stack of buff food.

Q: Do you wish to explain anything about your current gear, talentspec, enchants or gems?
A: Can't think of anything

Q: Do you have any alts worthy of a mention?
A: My only other character at level 85 is my shaman, Skyshatter. He doesn't have proper gear for raiding and I have no intentions of playing that character any time soon.

Q: What kind of PC do you have?
A: I'll just give a few specs, you'll be able to estimate the rest.
- AMD 6000+ X2 (dualcore 3ghz)
- Geforce GTS 250
- 4GB RAM

Q: How would you rate your internet-connection in terms of stability?
A: I haven't had any problems with my internet connection's stability recently. I used to have some but that was months ago.
The only problem is that I often have to reset my router before I'm able to connect to ventrilo servers. I've tried everything but this seems to be the only way.

Q: During our raids we use Ventrilo, how do you feel about this and do you mind to speak on ventrilo? (We might invite you for a ventrilo interview regarding your application)
A: I've used Ventrilo/Teamspeak for years now and am comfortable speaking.

Q: How often would you check our forums and/or post on the forums?
A: As long as there are enough interesting posts on the forums, I'll probably check it about once or twice every day.

Q: Describe your guildhistory. (Guild names, reason for leaving, references).
A: I don't remember the names of quite a few guilds I've been in. I'll name the two most important and recent ones.
In wrath I was in Eradication for quite a long time. Quit because after a break from wow, most of the players I used to hang around with had quit too.
Since the release of Cataclysm I've been a member of Prolepsis, but this guild fell apart because there were a lot of inactive players.

Q: Do you have any achievements that you are particularly proud of?
A: Not really.

Q: Please rank the following activities/conditions in order of importance to you. Most important on first position, least important on last.

• Balancing raiding with real life commitments.
• Willing to go all the way to become a better player.
• Making sacrifices for the guild, when needed.
• Getting server first kills.
• Playing your alt(s).
• Guild-organised pvp activities.

Q: Where did you read our recruitments posts?
A: Rizex asked me about me being guildless (/gquit Prolepsis that day because I was pretty much the only one ever online, and the guild was declared dead).
He said that you would like having a death knight tank in the guild.

Q: If there is something you’d like to add, then this is the place.
A: Not that I can think of right now. If you have any questions, let me know. Either on the forums or ingame.

Q: Hows is your overall WoW experience?
Vanilla – A: -
TBC – A: I started playing with patch 2.1.3. Back then I didn't know a lot about the game and I was primarily busy doing heroics and low-tier raids (mainly T4). I had just 1 character (sPriest) back then.
WOTLK – A: I started playing with my shaman and cleared Naxxramas quite a lot of times. Killed a few bosses in Ulduar and then quit the game for a few months.
When I started playing again, I thought it was time for something different so I leveled a Death Knight and started tanking. Cleared ToC and did some of the bosses in ICC with PUG's.
I didn't really feel like raiding at the time.

Regards,
Tim/Icecown
Back to top Go down
rizex
Admin
rizex

PostSubject: Re: Icecown - Death Knight Tank(DECLINED)   Icecown - Death Knight Tank(DECLINED) EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:02 am

Thank you for your apply.

Altough there are a few things - we already have a pala and warr tank, so you might have to pass sometime for a raid. Is that ok with you?
And besides that your experience isn't so great, but I think you're able to pick up tactics of raids soon enough.

If you're ok with first named, I'm giving a yes - just because you seem like a player we can build on.

Rizex - The Officer Team.
Back to top Go down
https://panda-mayhem.board-directory.net
tegris
Officer
tegris

PostSubject: Re: Icecown - Death Knight Tank(DECLINED)   Icecown - Death Knight Tank(DECLINED) EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:27 am

im saying yes, we badly need a second tank atm since we only got 1(me) at the moment, a yes for me!
Back to top Go down
rizex
Admin
rizex

PostSubject: Re: Icecown - Death Knight Tank(DECLINED)   Icecown - Death Knight Tank(DECLINED) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:53 am

Sorry tanks are atm filled

Rizex - The Officer Team.
Back to top Go down
https://panda-mayhem.board-directory.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icecown - Death Knight Tank(DECLINED)   Icecown - Death Knight Tank(DECLINED) Empty

Back to top Go down

Icecown - Death Knight Tank(DECLINED)
Page 1 of 1